The Thomas R. Beecher, Jr. Innovation Center, located at 640 Ellicott Street in downtown Buffalo, is a LEED-certified research and development space housing life sciences and biotech companies, as well as companies offering support services like IP attorneys, talent acquisition, sales, and marketing. The growing space is designed to accommodate small to medium companies seeking office, wet lab and/or research space, on a month-to-month basis or via longer term leases, located in the heart of the thriving Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus.
In addition to traditional lease space, the Suites at the Innovation Center offer physical and virtual office space on a month-to-month basis. Offices are fully furnished with telephones and internet access included. Our “plug ‘n’ play” space is perfect for entrepreneurs and small businesses.
A collaborative work environment for companies of all sizes, this LEED-certified building – a successful example of adaptive reuse – features solar panels on the roof, installed through a grant from NYSERDA. The Innovation Center was the first LEED-certified core and shell project in New York State outside of New York City.
To see the daily impact of the solar panels on the Innovation Center roof, click here for usage visuals provided by Advanced Energy, a global leader in power conversion solutions. The solar panels are helping to power many sectors of the building, advancing the energizeBNMC efforts while setting the standard for LEED energy conservation.
For the latest news from this award-winning business incubator space, sign-in to Facebook and LIKE the Innovation Center page.
Current Tenant List
Click here to view a list of current Innovation Center tenants.
Renovation costs were funded in part through a $4.5M grant from Restore NY and additional funding through the NYS Upstate Regional Blueprint Fund. This project was assisted with a grant from National Grid, through the NYS Public Service Commission-approved Economic Development Plan, as well as funding from The John R. Oishei Foundation and a U.S. Small Business Association grant secured by Rep. Brian Higgins.
Events at the Innovation Center
The Growing Your Knowledge & Network for Small Businesses series, sponsored by First Niagara, is an extension of the Breakfast Briefings series, sponsored by HSBC. Both series were designed to provide need-to-know information for entrepreneurs and business owners, helping them to learn about trending and important industry topics.
The 2013 schedule for the Growing Your Knowledge & Network for Small Businesses series includes presentations created to improve networking, branding, and business operating skills. View the current schedule, presenters and topics here.
- Newly renovated class A office suites available from 150 sq.ft. to units as large as 24,000 sq.ft.
- Flexible floor plans customized to individual needs
- Up to 108,000 sq.ft., four-story building with shared conference rooms and support services
- On-site management support
- Lighted and secure parking
- Operational 24 x 7 building access
- Accessible shipping docks
- Competitive lease rates and terms
- Collaboration opportunities within blocks of Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo General Medical Center, Hauptman-Woodward Medical Research Institute, and other life sciences and health-related companies
640 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, New York 14203
- Immediately off Rt. 33 and easy access to I-190
- Adjacent to Metro Bus route and Allen/Medical Campus NFTA transit station
- Within walking distance to restaurants, shopping, and entertainment district
- 15 minutes from the Buffalo Niagara International Airport
- 1 mile from Canada
Click here to see a map of the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus.
For leasing information, contact:
Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus
Your Virtual Butler (YVB)
YVB is a cloud-based software that allows the Innovation Center Suites tenants access to the shared workspace online to book meetings, reserve conference rooms, order amenities, and pay workspace bills. It’s an easy self-service option that gives tenants access to the facilities and services at anytime, from anywhere.
Click here to access the YVB portal.