FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE December 18, 2013 For more information: Kari Bonaro, BNMC, Inc. 716-218-7517 or email@example.com BNMC, Inc. Awarded $1 Million from NYSERDA to Develop Green Commons (Buffalo,
AboutA first of its kind, the National Grid/BNMC smarthomebuffalo is a renovation - and deep energy retrofit - of a turn of the century home within the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus (BNMC), located at 941-945 Washington Street. Symbolic of the thousands of such historic structures across Western New York, the smarthomebuffalo will serve as a living example of how the character and heritage of such homes can be maintained and celebrated - while making home energy improvements practical and tangible. Projected to be open to the public in Fall 2013, the smarthomebuffalo aims to start the conversation about energy by:
- Showcasing energy innovations and technologies
- Building the BNMC, the City of Buffalo, and larger region of Western New York's reputation as an energy innovation hub - and "conversation starters" on the issue of energy
- Serving as a source of information on residential energy efficiency programs and incentives offered by National Grid, as well as state and federal agencies
- Increasing community awareness of energy issues and energy consumption, from energy generation to flipping the switch
- Engaging the surrounding communities and neighborhoods in achieving energy savings
- Promoting learning and research on residential energy use
View the smarthomebuffalo fact sheet here.
View the final Visitor Plan here.
Virtual TourComing soon!
The Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus, Inc. (BNMC) in partnership with National Grid, was recently awarded $1 million from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) to develop