BNMC has achieved remarkable success in driving a new type of anchor-driven revitalization of Buffalo and leveraging public-private partnerships for job creation. Its “inside-out” urban revitalization process is based on principles and processes that fully engage and equip diverse local communities and leaders to create their own future. Core to BNMC’s vision is to tie back the Campus economic growth to the community and develop a local economy based on values of mutuality.
OUR COLLECTIVE GOALS
- Increase hiring and retention of local residents within a one-mile radius of the Medical Campus
- Increase purchasing of goods and services from local, MWBE and Veteran suppliers across the BNMC institutions to boost the local economy and benefit our neighboring communities
- Reinforcing our commitment to nearby residents seeking jobs by:
- Increasing access to opportunities and information
- Connecting with available training programs
- Offering resume writing, interviewing, and application support
- Improving retention rates through support for new employees
- Identifying career pathways and advancement opportunities
- Exposing local youth to professional careers through internships and events
- Fostering multi-cultural awareness, and accessibility for all populations, including MWBE’s, low-income, veterans, refugee/immigrants, and ex-offenders.